Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Other May Events

Other things happening around here:
The garden is growing and I have officially dubbed this summer, "The Year of the Cucumber" as these plants are off with a bang. We also have zucchini, tomatoes, a melon or two, strawberries and beans.

The boys built a new picnic table with their dad.

We have been fortunate to receive a Vitamix blender and so we are trying to eat healthier. I though this meal was so healthy, I just had to take a photo. We have a smoothie made in the vitamix which contains all sorts of healthy, covert items such as kale, broccoli, flaxseed, orange flavored fish oil and then some frozen berries, banana and an orange to cover up the other stuff. This meal also includes a spinach salad, quinoa and peanut butter made in the vitamix. Other things that we have made in the vitamix so far: salsa, pancake batter, coleslaw, soup! and of course, smoothies, slushies and milkshakes.


No comments: