Thursday, January 27, 2011

Abby Jane Thoughts....

Abigail snuggles with Grampy

So, a couple of funny stories about Abigail. This past weekend, we went to the store and the boys wanted to bring their spending money from their allowance to buy baseball cards. Well, Abigail brought her money as well and informed as we were walking in the store that she wanted to shop for clothes. Mike and I looked at each other in shock! But I took her to the little girls clothing department and we looked in her purse that she had packed for the store. Sure enough, she had her "spend" money (they also set aside money for giving and saving) which totaled about $6.00. So She picked out a pink shirt with butterflies on it and bought her first article of clothing at four years old.

Also, Abigail received an American Girl Doll for Christmas named Lanie. Lanie has been a huge hit and Abigail often talks to her and about her like she is a real person. And just when I get carried away in it all and refer to Lanie in the same manner, Abigail looks at me and says, "Mom, she's not really real, you know!"

Also, speaking of Lanie.... One of the ladies at church wanted to see Lanie and so Abigail brought her to church Wednesday evening. When it was time to go in to the service, I told her that she could not bring her doll. So she pulled up a chair in front of the monitor that plays the service for mothers and toddlers and put Lanie in it so that she could watch the service as well. Then, as we were leaving church, Abigail went up to one of the young men and said, "We have a new person in our church. It's Lanie." He looked at me and I explained, "It's her doll". He said, "Ohhhh..."

1 comment:

heidi said...

i love the stories! :)