Monday, November 2, 2009

Toady-toad


For a few days we were the proud owners of a pet toad. Actually, Abby Jane found it and so we decided to observe for awhile. I did a quick bit of research and found out that toads like bugs but will eat fruit so we put in a few small pieces of apple and carrot. After a day or two I noticed that the toad didn't seem to be eating anything so I found a few additional websites that informed that, in fact, toads should not eat fruit and veggies. Mike made casual comment about the toad starving to death and so I was up at 1:00 a.m. that night getting ready to go out and dig in my yard for bugs. BUT, when I turned on the light to go outside, there sat a huge skunk right in the middle of my backyard!
So, scientific observation went out the front door when I took the amphibian to the front yard and let him go to brave skunks and bug hunting on his own!

No comments: