
I've been trying to incorporate this idea into our homeschool and life, in general. There is much to be done and much that we can be learning. Here are some questions I'm asking myself.
Is it effective?
Is it efficient?
Is it necessary?
Do my children do this willingly?
Why or why not?
Sometimes, they do not do work willingly because it is not a worthy pursuit and they know it. Sometimes, they resist because it is challenging for them and they need more practice. Finding materials that are neither too easy nor too difficult can be hard. But good things come from doing easy things sometimes, too, and moments of challenge can show them what they are capable of doing so I don't worry too much.
These same questions can be asked of relationships and activities outside the home.
I'm trying to work on saying yes to the best things.

No comments:
Post a Comment