Friday, May 17, 2013

A Day in the Life 2013

So. I want to write down what a normal day looks like around here. I always like to look back at posts like these and see how things have changed and progressed. (Note: This is not how things look right now as we are testing and have already scaled backed in the curriculum department. This is a typical day from earlier this spring.)

8:30 Breakfast and Bible- devotional, scripture reading and scripture memorization
9:00 Morning Chores
9:30 Independent Reading- everyone is working on their own books; Abigail and I are partner reading.
Then, everyone gives a brief narration of their reading.
10:00-11:00 Morning Time Readings: poetry, biography, geography, science, Shakespeare and literature. Not every one of these every day- just an assortment. Narrations.
11:00-1:00 Individual work time-

  • Caleb- math, piano, writing projects, grammar, Spanish, vocabulary, Greek/Latin and other readings.
  • Ethan- math, piano, writing projects, spelling, Spanish, grammar and other readings.
  • Adam- math, piano, spelling, dictation, penmanship and writing projects.
  • Abigail- math, piano, spelling, phonics, penmanship and other learning projects.
1:00 Lunch- we often listened to history during lunch.
2:00 Afternoon Activity- either Phys.Ed, Art, Terrific Tuesday, Library or Nature Hike.
3:30- Snack
4:00-5:00 Computer time- it is very quiet at my house during this hour!

Friday mornings we do piano lessons, creative writing and end of week assessments. Then we go to have lunch with our friends. Friday afternoons are for running errands. Also, I print out weekly checklists on Sunday evenings.

No comments: