Friday, March 29, 2013

Columbus Museum of Art


We traveled to Columbus last week and stopped at the Columbus Museum of Art (after a basketball game and a Five Guys Burger, of course!) It was amazing to me how many pieces of art we saw that were painted by artists we have studied. The paintings themselves were new but it was exciting to be familiar with the artist that created it. Above is a portrait John Singer Sargent, whom we have studied this year.
We also spent some time in the children's center which was  fun. Here, Adam poses inside of a sculpture.
This painting is by Winslow Homer- our artist from Term I this year.
This painting is by Albert Bierstadt and is an excellent example of luminism.
This portrait looks like it was created by pastels and is by Mary Cassatt. I would like to study her next year.
A Georgia O'Keefe- we did her several years ago but I had never seen this painting.
A Norman Rockwell- we studied him last year.
Making Chagall-esque sculptures....
They has a section on Alexander Calder- I would like to study his work next year. He is known for his mobiles.




This painting to the left is by Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot. It is hard to see but it shows three children at the base of the tree to the left and I found it enchanting. Maybe we can fit him in next year as well.

No comments: