Friday, February 1, 2013

Blogs I Like to Read and Why

Here is a list of blogs that I like to read and why I find them inspiring... (note: these are not the blogs of my personal friends, although I definitely enjoy reading them. You can  find those in my side bar.)


  • Bravewriter Bravewriter is a writing curriculum designed by Julie Bogart. I love her approach to writing but more importantly, she has a really encouraging approach to homeschooling in general.
  • Penelope Trunk Homeschooling Penelope is a career consultant and homeschooling mom. She has the most unique approach to homeschooling I have ever read- specializing in research and statistics to back up the benefits of homeschooling.
  • Greener Trees This mother is a wonderful writer and includes many book recommendations.
  • Story Warren This is a wonderful blog that encourages the concept of "holy imagination". There are many contributors to this blog and they are all wonderful writers that cover a whole range of topics from book reviews to lessons in parenting.
  • Harmony Art Mom Lots of great resources and I love seeing how her high school kids are learning.
  • Backyard and Beyond This blog is like an online nature journal. It is maintained by a gentleman that lives in NYC. 
  • Bookie Woogie This is the blog of an author/illustrator dad and his kids. They review books and post their fan art.
  • Fimby Homeschooler. Creative. Writer. Vegan (interesting, but not happening here...) Inspiring.
  • Practical Pages Nadene is a homeschool mom from South Africa. I love her perspective and also all of her free materials. Definitely check out the paper doll patterns.
  • Project Based Homeschooling Reggio inspired homeschooling. Project-based. 
  • Sketching in Nature This is a group blog. People all over the world post their nature journal pages here. I love seeing all of the different styles of sketching.
  • STEM Mom I started reading this blog to bring some balance to the Liberal Arts that I always gravitate toward. STEM stands for science, technology, engineering and mathematics. I have at least one that things on this end of the spectrum. There are a lot of great labs provided on this blog.
I really love the variety that is out there and find it encouraging!

No comments: