1.Project Based Homeschooling by Lori Pickert
I read this over Christmas break and am trying to implement the concepts of letting my kids pick their projects and goals. It is challenging for me to NOT bombard them with suggestions. I would recommend this book if you are considering more interest-led learning. However, do be aware that I struggled with the realities of our space when reading this book. It made me want to have a studio space for all of us to create in.
2. Choosing Civility:The Twenty Five Rules of Considerate Conduct by P.M Forni
2. Choosing Civility:The Twenty Five Rules of Considerate Conduct by P.M Forni
3. The Power and Grace Between Nasty or Nice by John and Linda Friel
This book renders me speechless. I am reading it right now and really like the charts that starts around p. 75.
4. Thoughts To Make Your Heart Sing by Sally Lloyd Jones
4. Thoughts To Make Your Heart Sing by Sally Lloyd Jones
This is a devotional book that we are all reading together at breakfast. Simple yet profound.
5. Simplicity Parenting: using the extraordinary power of less to raise calmer, happier and more secure kids by Kim John Payne
5. Simplicity Parenting: using the extraordinary power of less to raise calmer, happier and more secure kids by Kim John Payne
I have read this (truthfully, skimmed) and my main take away is that food is meant to nourish, not excite or entertain. However, this was not the main idea of the book. Just the one that is the most pertinent to me right now. I feel that it also applies to books and our schedule. Books and activities hopefully will nourish your life not just entertain you.
6. If You Want to Write by Brenda Ueland
7. Gilead by Marilyn Robinson
6. If You Want to Write by Brenda Ueland
7. Gilead by Marilyn Robinson
8. Madeleine L'Engle: Herself (Reflections on a Writing Life) compiled by Carole F. Chase
L'Engle is one of my favorite writers and this is a collection of daily thoughts about writing.
9. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
10. Real Love for Real Life by Andi Ashworth
11. P.G. Wodehouse Stories (at least one...)
12. The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady by Edith Holden
One of my favorite books. Ever. I love to get it from the library once a year. It's inspiring.
13.Life Together by Dietrich Bonehoeffer
Read this for the first time last fall. Working through this again bit by bit.
14. Looking for the King: an Inklings Novel by David C. Downing
15. Someday You Will Write by Elizabeth Yates
This has been on my list forever.
16. On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Abigail and I are reading this together.
17. 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
18. Carry On, Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham
We are reading this together- a story about an 18th century boy who grows up to be an astronomer and mathematician.
19. The Monster in the Hollows by Andrew Peterson
We are reading this at bedtime and really love this series.
20. Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss
Listening to this in the car on my ipad.
21. The White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge
I read that this was the favorite book of J.K Rowlings as a child.
22. Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
This is another of my favorites which I want to revisit.
23. Stories of the Great Ships and Seas edited by N.C. Wyeth
Will tie in nicely with our books about the sea- Caleb is working on Robinson Crusoe and Ethan is working on Treasure Island.
24. How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen so Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber
I haven't read this since I was a teacher 15 years ago but remember liking it.
25. The Elements of Style by Strunk and White
9. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
10. Real Love for Real Life by Andi Ashworth
11. P.G. Wodehouse Stories (at least one...)
12. The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady by Edith Holden
One of my favorite books. Ever. I love to get it from the library once a year. It's inspiring.
13.Life Together by Dietrich Bonehoeffer
Read this for the first time last fall. Working through this again bit by bit.
14. Looking for the King: an Inklings Novel by David C. Downing
15. Someday You Will Write by Elizabeth Yates
This has been on my list forever.
16. On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Abigail and I are reading this together.
17. 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
18. Carry On, Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham
We are reading this together- a story about an 18th century boy who grows up to be an astronomer and mathematician.
19. The Monster in the Hollows by Andrew Peterson
We are reading this at bedtime and really love this series.
20. Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss
Listening to this in the car on my ipad.
21. The White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge
I read that this was the favorite book of J.K Rowlings as a child.
22. Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
This is another of my favorites which I want to revisit.
23. Stories of the Great Ships and Seas edited by N.C. Wyeth
Will tie in nicely with our books about the sea- Caleb is working on Robinson Crusoe and Ethan is working on Treasure Island.
24. How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen so Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber
I haven't read this since I was a teacher 15 years ago but remember liking it.
25. The Elements of Style by Strunk and White
1 comment:
glad you enjoyed the PBH book! we have a forum as well and there are good threads on making a workspace and working with less space, in case you want to check that out. :)
Post a Comment