Thursday, November 1, 2012

Art with Mimi: Paul Schick

The kiddos explored the work of artist Paul Schick during art time with Mimi. He is a sculptor and uses natural materials, especially twigs, to create his art. Here are some pictures of his work:



Anyway, the kids were inspired and here are some pictures of their work:







Then Mimi wrote a letter to the artist himself! We will see if he answers.....


Dear Paul,
I am an artist (painter) and teach my grandchildren, (ages 12,10,9,6)  home school art. I saw your work on the web and showed it to them. The oldest two made a piece for their parents to hang on the back patio at their house. The younger two were also "twig-inspired". It was a fun project for one of the last warm days of the Fall. I am including photos of them. Last year we did an artwork after looking at Jeff Goldsworthy's work. Thanks for giving us this year's inspiration.
Your Fans,
Annette Cargill
Caleb, Ethan, Adam, And Abby Jane Twiss




No comments: