Tuesday, December 27, 2011

TED Talks to Inspire: Sir Ken Robinson

From Ken Robinson Says That Schools Kill Creativity:

"...Creativity now is as important in education as literacy, and we should treat it with the same status."

"My contention is this, all kids have tremendous talents. And we squander them pretty ruthlessly."

"...kids will take a chance. If they don't know, they'll have a go. Am I right? They're not afraid of being wrong. Now, I don't meant to say that being wrong is the same thing as being creative. What we do know is, if you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original."

"Picasso once said this- he said that children are born artists. The problem is to remain artists as we grow up. I believe this passionately, that we don't grow into creativity, we grow out of it."

"Our education has mined our minds in the way that we strip-mine the earth: for a particular commodity. And for the future, it won't serve us. We have to rethink the fundamental principles on which we're educating our children."

No comments: