We are really enjoying listening to Pilgrim's Progress recorded by Orion's Gate. It think that this would have been difficult to read aloud but this audio performance is fantastic! Pilgrim's Progress is an allegory that was written by John Bunyan in 1678. The story tells the journey of Christian, the protagonist, as he leaves the City of Destruction and makes his way to the Celestial City. I've been pleasantly surprised at the level of understanding that the boys have displayed so far and they really enjoy listening to the story. If you are thinking about Pilgrim's Progress I highly recommend this audio version. Also, check out this map of Christian's journey and here are some wonderful illustrations.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Pilgrim's Progress
We are really enjoying listening to Pilgrim's Progress recorded by Orion's Gate. It think that this would have been difficult to read aloud but this audio performance is fantastic! Pilgrim's Progress is an allegory that was written by John Bunyan in 1678. The story tells the journey of Christian, the protagonist, as he leaves the City of Destruction and makes his way to the Celestial City. I've been pleasantly surprised at the level of understanding that the boys have displayed so far and they really enjoy listening to the story. If you are thinking about Pilgrim's Progress I highly recommend this audio version. Also, check out this map of Christian's journey and here are some wonderful illustrations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment