Thursday, June 11, 2009

Crepes By Suzette

We have just read a fantastic book- Crepes by Suzette by Monica Wellington. This book includes all of the things that I think make a good book: a map in the front, a foreign setting, words in another language, interesting illustrations AND a recipe in the back! So, today we made crepes for breakfast. (I have been wanting to learn to make crepes ever since we went to Quebec City last fall....) We made the batter yesterday and chilled overnight as recommended. Then, this morning I just heated the skillet with a little butter, poured the batter and voila! It was easier than I thought and I don't even have the right equipment yet. I just used a regular frying pan and spatula but I would like to get a flat skillet and a long, flat spatula- see above photo. Anyway, we added orange marmalade to one (Adam has been wanting to try it as it is Paddington Bear's favorite) and the rest we made with strawberries. Yum.

No comments: