Friday, May 8, 2009

Well, Caleb and I just finished "Where the Red Fern Grows" by Wilson Rawls. My Third Grade teacher, Miss Spargrove, read this book to my class and it is a favorite from my childhood. We both loved it and I did cry but I did not SOB- thankfully. Here is a drawing of Caleb's favorite part of the book.



He wrote, "My favorite part of the story is when Old Dan and Little Ann win the gold cup."

Also, a favorite quote from the book:

"People have been trying to understand dogs ever since the beginning of time. ONe never knows what they'll do. You can read every day where a dog saved the life of a drowning child or lay down his life for his master. Some people call this loyalty. I don't. I may be wrong but I call it love- the deepest kind of love."

No comments: